Tuesday 25 October 2011

Memories - Birthdays

Ahh wow..two blogs in one day! normally I am not this lucky to have internet service for so long but since I do. I will make good use of it post AGAIN!

Anyway I was reading a blog by a new blogger just like me and in one of his posts, he was speaking about birthdays and asked what the oldest birthday someone can remember. You can read his blogs at WWW.COOLPRINCEE.WORDPRESS.COM and show him support. (can you imagine I have no confirmation that anyone is reading my blog and I am advertising another blog)

Anyway the first birthday that I can really remember is my fifth birthday and I still feel as though it is the best birthday that i have ever has. I remember it being on a school day and as per normal Nigerian child, my mother cooked jollof rice and chicken for the whole of my class (back then nobody feared jazz or food poisoning). Then i got to wear trad to school plus head tie and i was feeling fly with myself because everybody else was in uniform. Ahhh the joys of childhood

Anyway that all I can remember of that day however the weekend was my birthday party! My first one ever! We closed off more than half of my street with canopies (my house was in abule ijesha,yaba - this was before my butty days) and I changed my clothes like five time. I only remember three outfits though, 1 was a yellow and black polka dot dress, 2nd was a white ruffles shirt and black shiny trousers and the last one that I remember clearly had to be a one piece skirt and blouse because I had difficulties with that when I needed to pee.

I cant remember everything but thankfully I have pictures to remind me of what I have forgotten. Without the pictures, i wont have ever that I had long hair at one point of my life (Thank God for weaves - but that's a story for another day). i saw the pictures of me and some kids and I still dont know who they are - sorry guys. I wont have known that, that (is it grammatically correct to repeat a word - a topic for another day perharps) that famous singer from sierra Leone came and Lastly without the pictures I never would have know how much my parents spent to make me happy for one day or in this case 2days including the school ish.

Au reviour

No comments:

Post a Comment